Search

hotel California Spain

you can check out any time you like but you can never leave

Nada

Another wet day unfortunately.

Advertisements

Nada

No comment.

Otívar x 2

Ken, Wallis and Graham arrived yesterday afternoon and decided to take it easy and get their stuff ready for today. The forecast said southerly wind so we went to Otivar. It was that good that the guys had to do it twice. Well done!

Tandems @ La Herradura

A few tandems at la Herradura with Carlos and Alex.

9-16 June

Ken managed to fly everyday of which 5 days in Cenes and 2 in Otivar. We tried several time to get to the Alhambra but unfortunately we got stopped by the lack height. But the highlight was the 5th day where we got up to Pradallano (2900m). Unfortunately cloudbase stopped us from going further so we returned back to Cenes. Day 6 he flew Otivar and after a loooong battle he managed to fly to the beach of la Herradura. Day 7 was even trickier at Otivar so after 2 hours bimbling around we called it a great week.

Otivar

We went back to Otivar for some more thermalling. Conditions were good (1350msl) so Tim didn’t hang around and went for the beach of La Herradura. He messaged that the wind was quite strong (east) before getting to the beach so Iain, Helen, Steffen and Mike didn’t go further than the Pyramid. Conditions around Otivar got stronger as well so they all landed.

Otivar O2H

An even better day awaited (well the forecast said so) us at Otivar so we thought in the morning. But as we arrived it was completely overcast. Slowly but surely it started to open up and conditions improved. Ken went first for the beach followed by Wallis, Mike, Iain, Graham and Steffen. Dennis and Helen stayed flying around the Otivar area.

Otivar O2H

Finally an almost normal day around the coast so we went for Otivar. Ken and Wallis got away and flew to the beach whilst the rest flew around until the clouds got too big. We went and had a look at Itrabo but the big clouds followed us so we went home. Ben and Paul left for home in the afternoon.

Inversion

And again back to Cenes for some more of the same we hoped like yesterday but it didn’t happen. Inversion was at 1700msl to start with so we hoped it would go higher but it went lower as the day carried on to 1500msl. Afterwards we went soaring at La Herradura.

h

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑